Routledge was founded in 1836, and since the early years of the twentieth century it has focused on book and journal publishing in the Humanities and Social Sciences. The result is an exceptional list which includes books by many of the greatest thinkers and scholars of the last hundred years. We take pride in the range and strength of our backlist, which we continue to publish and promote in a wide range of formats.
Our current publishing program encompasses the liveliest texts, and the best in research. Publish with us, and you join this prestigious family of books.
The Publishing Team — what we can offer:
- Dedicated and experienced subject editors who will review and provide feedback on your initial proposal
- Global distribution and marketing. We have a strong international presence, and our sales reach deeply into markets in the US, the UK and the rest of the world. Our editorial and marketing teams in the US and UK work very closely to ensure your book gets the right exposure
- A global marketing plan, including electronic and web marketing, advertising, review mailing, conference representation and adoption marketing for textbooks
- A dedicated international sales team, with offices in Europe, Singapore, India and China
- Dedicated and knowledgeable sales teams in the US and UK, selling directly to instructors, bookshops, wholesalers, online retailers, library suppliers and specialist accounts
- Quality design and production values. Using the latest technology, our books are produced efficiently, quickly and attractively
- eBooks. We know how important it is to provide content in a format that customers want. Routledge has an extensive eBooks program, with new titles being added daily
- Textbook development. A team of experienced development editors working on our major textbooks
- Translation rights. Our rights team will manage translation rights on your behalf dealing with publishers from around the globe.
Submitting a Book Proposal
The proposal you submit will be the basis on which we judge the book's suitability for publication. Therefore it needs to be organized in a way that provides the right information to US and to referees.
Detailed information is available on Routledge.com to help you prepare your proposal, and your cooperation in following our recommendations will ease the task of evaluation.